The Office of Institutional Advancement regularly features a Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso faculty or staff member who exemplifies the vision and mission of our institution. Their journeys to becoming TTUHSC El Paso employees are unique and work experiences vary, but all have a passion to improve the lives of the people in our community.
This month’s employee is Manny Rubio, specialist with General Services.
“Rollin’ along that Interstate 10,”* Manny Rubio makes a daily trek across El Paso to each outlying Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso office to pick up or deliver mail and packages as part of his duties as a specialist with General Services.
A former driver for Conn’s HomePlus, Rubio enjoys time on the freeway. “I love cruisin’ to the oldies in my free time,” Rubio said. “I am thankful to have a job where I can drive, listen to music and see the beauty of my hometown every day.”
At his current position for the past five years, Rubio has become the unofficial ambassador for offices that may not make it to the main campus often. His friendly demeanor and warm smile reflect his love for the job and the music that fills his workday.
Rubio has provided his top ten favorite workday jams to brighten his fellow employees’ day.
Manny Rubio’s Cruisin’ Playlist
- The Village People – “Y.M.C.A.”
- James & Bobby Purify – “I’m Your Puppet”
- Kenny Rogers – “Through the Years”
- Donna Summer – “On the Radio”
- The Stylistics – “Break Up to Make Up”
- The Drifters – “Save The Last Dance For Me”
- Michael Jackson – “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough”
- Kenny Rogers – “The Gambler”
- The Temptations – “The Way You Do the Things You Do”
- Jimmy Buffett – “Hello Texas”
TTUHSC El Paso employees are the institution’s most valuable resource. Contact Katherine Vandertulip at firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest candidates for future Faculty and Staff Highlights.
* Jimmy Buffett- “Hello Texas” lyric