Healthcare Simulation Week at TTUHSC El Paso
Make plans for TECHS virtual tours, a lecture and Simulation Competition
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso is marking Healthcare Simulation Week 2020, Sept. 14-20, an international event honoring professionals who advocate for health care simulation in education, practice and research.
TECHS (Training and Educational Center for Healthcare Simulation) at TTUHSC El Paso has a variety of activities planned for Healthcare Simulation Week. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, TECHS will host virtual tours instead of the traditional simulation center open house.
This year’s on-campus activity for the TTUHSC El Paso community will be a socially distanced escape-room-themed Simulation Competition.
Thanks to simulation training, our Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso doctors and TTUHSC El Paso students and residents are prepared to provide high-quality care during critical incidents such as the Aug. 3 mass casualty event in El Paso.
Simulation Week Activities:
Virtual tours of TECHS, available on-demand:
- VR Video Tour
- Interactive 3D room tour with Google Poly
- Free TECHS Google Cardboard VR Headsets available to the first 25 callers.
- Call 915-215-6130 to schedule pickup
Simulation Week Lecture
- “Simulating Simulation: Regional Solutions to a Global Pandemic”
- Presented by TECHS Director Scott Crawford, M.D., FACEP, CHSOS.
- Where: Online, via Webex.
- When: 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 18, via Webex.
- Click here to register.
Simulation Competition (For TTUHSC El Paso students, employees and staff only)
- A safe, socially distanced “escape-room” activity.
- When: Sept. 15-18, by appointment.
- Where: Hunt School of Nursing Building.
- Learn more about Sim Wars and register your team at this link.