The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso campus is abuzz with construction as crews work to erect the new Medical Sciences Building (MSB) II.
Once complete, the MSB II will more than double the university’s research capacity, adding much needed square footage for laboratory space, classrooms and offices. With the five-story, 219,900-square-foot building scheduled for completion next year, here’s a peek at how crews are progressing this month and, day by day, bringing the building to life.
- Concrete foundation is poured at the north side of the building.
- Crew prepares to install grade beams, a component of the building foundation, in the middle portion of the building.
- Formation of the main elevator shaft continues.
- Column formation continues in the middle of the building.
- Underground plumbing and electrical lines are laid out.