The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso campus is abuzz with construction as crews work to erect the new Medical Sciences Building (MSB) II.
Once complete, the MSB II will more than double the university’s research capacity, adding much-needed square footage for laboratory space, classrooms and offices. With the five-story, 219,900-square-foot building scheduled for completion next year, here’s a peek at the crews’ progress as they bring the building to life, day by day.
Area A (south side of building)
- Auditorium floor foundation is troweled smooth.
Area B (north side of building)
- Column forms are prepped for concrete pouring.
- Foundation is prepped for concrete pouring.
- All underground plumbing and electrical lines have been encased.
Area C (building center)
- Shear wall stairwell molds are prepped for concrete.
- Elevator pit is almost enclosed.