Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso Offers Tips for the Outbreak of COVID-19
As the outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to impact the nation, more Americans have been ordered to remain quarantined at home or have chosen to self-isolate. Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), here are a few recommendations that can help you and your loved ones during this challenging time.
Steps to protect children and adults from getting sick:
- Clean hands often using soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid people who are sick (coughing and sneezing).
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces daily in household common areas (e.g., tables, hard-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets and sinks).
- Launder items, including washable plush toys, following the manufacturer’s instructions. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items and dry items completely. Laundry from an ill person can be washed with other people’s items.
Click on these links for additional information on how to prepare in case you or your family contract COVID-19:
- Children and COVID-19
- Precautions for household members of a patient with confirmed COVID-19 or a patient being monitored
- Protecting your family and others during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Treating mild symptoms of COVID-19
- Items to have ready at home in case you or a member of your family contract COVID-19