Annual Benefits Fair
Annual Benefits Fair – July 1, 2014
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Medical Education Building Lobby
Mark your calendars! The annual benefits fair is fast approaching. On July 1, 2014 representatives of the companies that manage your benefits will be on campus to answer your questions about the upcoming Annual Enrollment and changes in benefits.
Annual Enrollment July 14 through 25, 2014
Annual Enrollment is the time when members of the Texas Employee Group Benefit Program (GBP) can make changes to their insurance benefits. During Annual Enrollment employees can:
- Add/Drop Dependents to/from health insurance
- Add/Drop/Switch Dental Plans
- Decrease/Increase (Apply) Term Life Insurance*
- Add(Apply)/Drop Dependent Life Insurance*
- Add/Drop Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Add (Apply)/Drop Short/Long Term Disability*
- Enroll/Drop/Change TexFlex
* Applying for Optional Term Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance and/or Short and Long Term Disability requires proof of good health, also called evidence of insurability (EOI). Acceptance is not guaranteed. If approved before September 1, coverage begins on September 1. If approved after September 1, coverage begins the first of the month after ERS receives notification of approval.
If you don’t make any changes, your benefits will remain the same for Plan Year 2015
For additional information contact Human Resources
Nick Komorowski, Lead Specialist 215-4567
Lupe Sierra, Assistant Director 215-4142
Laura Rodriguez, Unit Coordinator 215-4137