Distinguished Staff Awards Call for Nominations
The Distinguished Staff Awards Program was implemented to recognize and reward staff employees (individuals and teams) who excel in their service to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. There are six levels of awards included in this program: The Quality Staff Award, The Quality Supervisor Award, The Quality Team Award, The President’s Award of Excellence, The Chancellor’s Award of Excellence, and The Chancellor’s Colonel Rowan Award for Execution.
To be eligible for an award, staff employees must meet the following criteria:
- Be continuously employed as a full-time, benefits-eligible employee for the period of time indicated in award category;
- Have a current performance evaluation on file with an overall rating of 5.0 or above;
- Have completed all required trainings;
- Have not received a disciplinary action within the previous twelve months;
- Have not received a Distinguished Staff Award in the past five years. (The Quality Service Awards will be used as a basis for eligibility until a five-year history has been established for the Distinguished Staff Awards).
- Self-nominations and anonymous nominations will not be accepted
- Nominations received after the deadline will be returned to the nominee
I hope that you will take this opportunity to nominate a deserving staff employee. Nomination forms are available on the HSC Relations website at http://www.ttuhsc.edu/relations/awards/default.aspx. Nominations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 21, 2014. Please refer to OP 70.50 for more information.
Administration of the program will be handled through the Office of the President. Selection committee members will be former award recipients. The committee will screen the nominations and make recommendations to me and the Chancellor. Should you have questions or require any assistance, please contact Darcy Pollock via email to email@example.com or by phone at (806) 743-2900. Thank you for your continued dedication and commitment to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and for your support of this important institutional program.
Tedd L. Mitchell, M.D.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center