Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso Clinics Expand to Again Include In-Person Appointments
Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso clinics are now open for regular, in-person appointments in addition to telemedicine appointments.
Since March, TTP El Paso clinics have cared for patients through telemedicine services, as a safety precaution during the local COVID-19 outbreak. During telemedicine visits, patients and physicians use a secure video link to conduct the appointment.
Today, the clinics are pleased to announce the return of in-person appointments, and our physicians welcome current and new patients to our clinics across El Paso.
We understand patients and their families may have concerns about visiting a doctor’s office due to the pandemic, but it’s important not to put one’s health care needs on hold – delaying care can result in further complications.
As we welcome patients back to our TTP El Paso clinics, we’re taking every possible precaution to ensure patient safety and access to the same high-quality care they have come to expect from our physicians.
Here is what TTP El Paso is doing to protect patients from COVID-19 exposure:
- All TTP El Paso providers and staff are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the office.
- All providers and staff wear masks and other appropriate protective equipment.
- All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving for their appointments. Social distancing measures are enforced in patient waiting areas.
- TTP El Paso clinics have limited visitors to help maintain safety precautions.
If you’re coming to the clinic in person:
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before your appointment. You will be asked a few questions upon arriving to guide you to the appropriate access to your appointment.
- Wash your hands well before coming to and after leaving the clinic.
- Bring and wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose at all times.
- Avoid bringing others into the clinic with you unless absolutely necessary.
- Please follow signs and staff instructions to reach the location for your appointment, which may have changed.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath:
- Call the clinic in advance and describe your symptoms. Our physicians may be able to provide a phone or online visit.
- When you leave home, use a mask to cover your nose and mouth.
- Cover your mouth with your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid public transportation and close contact with others as much as possible, at home and outside the home.
- If you do not have a mask when you arrive at the clinic, ask for a mask, place it over your nose and mouth, and describe your symptoms to the receiving staff.
- After a few basic questions, you may be directed to a separate access and/or waiting area for your check-in process.
For more information on clinic locations and hours, and to make an appointment, visit ttpelpaso.com.